But then again, isn't that what Jesus calls us to? To not worry and fear about the world that He has overcome (John 16:33). Though the world screams loudly each day, troubles surround us, and so many things instantly bring fear and apprehension in our hearts, one thing is constant: Jesus is there in the midst of it all. None of what is going on in the world, or in our lives at any moment, is any surprise to Him. There is nothing in all of His creation that is out of His control. The Holy Spirit is comforting us, reminding us of His peace and presence, speaking the Father's love into our hearts, and assuring us that we are not abandoned to this world. Not only this, but that the plans He has for us are far more meaningful and soul-fulfilling than anything the world can come up with. This is the news that brings hope to the world. So, feel free to turn off the news if you like, but stay tuned to the Good News of Jesus Christ, today and every day!
Friday, October 18, 2019
Turning Off The News
For my own health and sanity, I have realized the need to turn off the news. Even Fox News. Not read or watch it at all. All the shrill voices coming from Washington and throughout the nation and world. The poison of cynicism seeps from my computer screen as I glance over the headlines and commentaries. I can't even look at a local paper without thinking about feeling like everything around me is hopeless. It is just too depressing for me. I have no desire for any in-depth discussion of the things that are in the headlines today; I will only become fearful and depressed. And this is why I have decided to just turn it off. Walk away from it, especially if it's going to have the effect it has had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very true Jay. So much negativity in the world these days
Post a Comment